10 years of ThirtyVirus | the best videos of a decade This month marks the 10 year anniversary of making the ThirtyVirus YouTube channel, and to celebrate how far we have gotten in that time we decided to throw together a montage of my favorite videos over the years. My story is one of determination, and having a good time despite the often grim circumstances of daily life. It's funny how it took 10 years to finally make a career out of making videos on this platform, I guess that was a trial period that taught me how to pursue my dream of being a YouTuber and Game Developer! I am humbled that you all are here after all this time, it really does make my world go 'round. I hope what I do on YouTube makes your life just a little bit better :)

All of the videos featured:

Here is my thoughts on each "era" of my channel's existence:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Archive Era (Nov 2010 - Feb 2012): At this point of my channel's history, I uploaded videos so that I had something cool to show my friends. I recorded projects I made with redstone, new Minecraft features that I felt the need to document, and my take on games that were popular at the time.

The Classic Let's Play Era (Feb 2012 - Jan 2013): This is when I decided to give YouTube a try as a regular thing, and played through some games in the classic "Let's Play" format. I wasn't sure what I wanted from YouTube yet, but I thought it was cool to interact with the small audience that took notice of what I was doing.

The Becoming a YouTuber Era (Jan 2013 - April 2014): This is when I decided to take YouTube "seriously". I tried many recording softwares, editing softwares, games, etc... and I started to get into a regular schedule of daily uploads. I edited all videos myself!

The Experimental Era (April 2014 - July 2016): I gained more confidence as a content creator, and decided to bring some of my favorite games to my channel with weird and funny videos. I continued the daily upload schedule while having fun with my friends in games popular at the time (call of duty zombies and multiplayer, sumotori dreams, tank trouble, of course Minecraft, as well as mod packs). I also started going public with my programming projects and plans for the future. Even with large responsibilities going on like scouts and martial arts at the time, I still found time to do what I love!

The College Era (July 2016 - Dec 2018): As I got older, my life became more and more busy. I finished scouts and martial arts, as well as high school. As college classes became more and more difficult, I found it hard to focus on my channel. Growth of the channel stagnated, and inspiration was tough to come by. With the end of my first relationship I hit my lowest point. Depressed and stressed, I almost quit YouTube. Even through everything, I still found time to stream and upload videos, and what got me through these times was the support of some amazing people in this community (who are still here today!)

The ThirtyVirus Reawakening (Dec 2018 - now): With the reveal of Hypixel Studios' game "Hytale", a ThirtyVirus renaissance began. As I covered more information about the game, my channel started to see significant growth, the best I had seen in years. After that hype died down, a little gamemode on Hypixel called SkyBlock was unveiled. Doing a let's play of this game in my usual format, with the addition of Fezzy the Frog as my gameplay partner and video editor, the channel saw insane growth that still surprises me to this day. This is when I started daily streaming, and uploading video highlights of the streams rather than from recording sessions. I became closer than ever with my community, while growing it beyond the fabled 100,000 subscriber mark.

Now: With over 3,000 videos and over 400 streams, this channel has shown a whole lot of me. It is accurate to say that my channel is the best source of documentation for the past 10 years of my life, I literally lived and breathed YouTube since before I could even remember. I am happy to say now that this channel is my #1 priority and my career, and with luck it will be the launching point for a lifetime to entertainment and enriching the lives of my viewers. Here's to another 10 years!

💻 Follow my Socials!
➽ YouTube -
➽ Twitch -
➽ Twitter -
➽ Discord -
➽ Instagram -

🔧 Other cool links
➽ Website -
➽ Merch -
➽ Donate -
➽ Badlion Cape -
➽ Become a Member -

thirtyvirus,10 years,the best videos,best of thirtyvirus,10 years of ThirtyVirus | the best videos of a decade,decade,10 years on youtube,anniversary,special,150000 subscribers,subscribers,